The scope of the Q3D project comprises the development of the most suitable digital tools, aiming to provide surveillance and improvement services of the 3D printing procedure, in order to ensure the quality of the final 3D object. These objectives will be achieved by employing the existing technical know-how, the available infrastructures, and by integrating innovative technological methods via the collaboration of the partners of the CERTH, the Department of Computer Science & Engineering/ University of Ioannina, and the 3DLife company.
More specifically, the following will be examined and implemented within the context of the project “Q3D”:
- Monitoring of the conditions and the product state, before, during and after the 3D printing procedure, while providing multimodal data collection solutions with a network of sensors.
- Development of a data model that will organize data of the 3D printing process, by supporting additionally the correlation between heterogeneous data of wide range via effective mathematical representations and machine learning techniques.
- Utilization of automated inference methods through hierarchical retrieval for sorting, regression, extraction and data aggregation, aiming to identify patterns and detect reported errors and deviations during the 3D printing process.
- Comprehensive visualization of heterogeneous big data and 3D reconstruction of the printed model in order to facilitate the visual similarity inspection and the detection of errors, deviations or failures during the 3D printing procedure.
- Parameter inspection of the 3D printing process using a composite feedback loop, aiming to improve the quality, the speed and the repeatability of 3D printing procedure.
- Bid Data analysis and processing by utilizing machine learning techniques for parameter inspection during the 3D printing process.
- Investigation of innovative and sustainable business models in order to utilize effectively big data data techniques and technologies in the 3D printing industry.
The pillars above have as fundamental objective the development of substantial synergy and cooperation among the partners of the CERTH, the Department of Computer Science & Engineering/ University of Ioannina, and the 3DLife company.